Hey peeps! How has everyone been? Sorry for not posting yesterday. I worked my shift at the Black Heritage Trail in downtown Portsmouth helping organize the Black New England Conference that will be held at UNH on October 19th and 20th. See what I did there? I advertised for the Conference without meaning to. Then I had a lovely lunch with my Dad at an awesome Italian deli near my office. Anyway, I am not sure I will have a schedule for posts, but I will try to do every day or every other. It will become tricky when classes start up again, but I will do my best!
Today I want to share some things not everyone would know about me. I like doing this because I want to show the world I am more than my disability. Also, I think it’s fun sharing random facts about myself. So here are 20 things you probably didn’t know about me:
- I have a fear of masks, like the ones at the stores for Halloween and iParty (or whatever it’s called now) due to the high shelves, I don’t know why the shelves freak me out, they just do.
- I love the smell of rain
- I write poetry in my journal
- One of my favorite movies is The Breakfast Club (Don’t you, forget about me *Judd Nelson putting his fist up in the air*)
- I love a variety of music genres from classic rock to the pop hits that are constantly on the radio to songs I used to jam out to in my younger years. My heart does go out to Adele, Fleetwood Mac, and Flyleaf though.
- I am a Feminist, but I appreciate chivalry
- My favorite book is The Great Gatsby, I have read it about four times, All hail the god that is F.Scott Fitzgerald
- I basically have a Barnes and Noble in my home with how many books I have
- My favorite type of jewelry are rings
- The first celebrity that passed during my time that I actually cried about was Robin Williams (Rest in Peace, my good friend)
- I have an odd obsession with water bottles and notebooks
- I crack up about the most random things
- I always have Friends on my TV no matter how many times I have seen all 10 seasons, they never fail to make me laugh
- The best concert I’ve been to so far has been Pat Benatar and Neil Giraldo
- I am a self-proclaimed Nerd
- I have always loved to write, even at a young age
- Nothing is better than good friends, ice cream, and the beach during the evening (I don’t like the heat so going later in the day is perfect for me)
- I love to cook, even though I may not be able to actually eat what I make (due to my jaw being open because of my CMS, I can’t chew very well, but I make do with ice cream and pasta 😉 my faves)
- My favorite comfort food is either mac and cheese or cheese ravioli with red sauce
- I don’t have a favorite flavor of ice cream, there are too many to choose from and they are all SO good, except I don’t like chocolate ice cream, but anything else chocolate I’m so there.
I hope you have enjoyed this random post about unique facts about myself. Please don’t forget to drop a question or two in the comments, I am not afraid to answer them and it would be hard for you to offend me with questions. I am a pretty open book so ask away!
Thank you so much for reading and I will talk to you all soon! I love you all!
Stay true to you!
This is a good writing prompt for memoir. Thanks for the inspiration, Rosie!
HAHAHAHAHA OMG YOUR NAME ON HERE!!! YOU’RE KILLING ME!! I love you LaVall Gal! And no problem! What I’m here for! Hahaha
Happy Saturday. Can you explain what CMS is? Didn’t it take a long time for doctors to name this medical issue?
Thank you for the question! I have answered your question in the post named “What is CMS?” I hope that it answers your question and if you have any more, ask away!
Speaking of ADA, what tools do you use to write, Rosie? Are they helpful and how could they be improved?
Thank you for your question! I have answered it in my resent post, “Helpful Writing Tools”. Thank you for readi-ng!